LRR Calendar Contest
Get out your cameras and photo albums! Labrador Retriever Rescue, Inc. would like to invite you to join our annual calendar photo contest. We are looking for pictures of Labs adopted through LRR to be included in next year’s calendar. Our calendar will be available for purchase this fall. Proceeds from the sale of this calendar will help fund LRR’s many programs and services.
The deadline to submit pictures is June 20, and we are only accepting photos and consent forms on-line. Submit your favorite pictures today!
Questions about the contest should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Enter
Entries will be accepted through our web site only. You may submit one contest entry form for each LRR dog, and each entry may include up to three color photos of your dog.
Your photo(s) must follow these rules:
- Your photo(s) must be in color—no black and white photos will be accepted.
- A maximum of 3 photos per dog will be accepted.
- Dogs who were featured in this year’s calendar are ineligible for next year’s calendar.
Picture taking suggestions
- Be aware of distracting or unattractive backgrounds.
- Lighting is very important. Outdoor natural lighting photographs best. Black and chocolate Labs blend into dark backgrounds—keep them in bright lighting with a light colored background.
- Be aware of red-eye, or in a dog’s case, green-eye. Use the red-eye function on your flash if applicable.
- If your picture is even the slightest bit blurry, we won’t be able to use it. Once we enlarge it to calendar-size, the blurriness becomes even more noticeable.
- Upload pictures in the highest resolution possible for your camera.
- Take lots of pictures! The more you take, the more likely you will get a great picture.
- Get creative. Don’t always take your picture looking straight into your dog’s eyes. Move around to each side, up above, down below, ground level, etc.
- Get help. It is always easier to take your dog’s picture if you have someone else there helping you to keep the dog in position, to look the right way, etc.
- Get close. One way to eliminate distracting unattractive backgrounds is to get close to your dog. You don’t need to include your dog’s entire body in the photo, unless appropriate.
- Don’t forget those holiday photos. Take your Lab’s picture using a holiday theme for appropriate months of the calendar.
- Capture your Lab’s spirit. Take pictures of your Lab doing what they love the most—playing, swimming, running, jumping, sleeping, chewing or just being plain silly.